- Reach individuals and families affected by spinal cord injury and disease
- Inspire the newly injured through role models and peer mentors
- Support individuals and families as they begin their post injury journeys
- Empower individuals with spinal cord injury/disease to reach
their goals and dreams
Our nationally recognized Peer Visitation Program provides positive role models to those who are newly injured, to their families and to those living in the community.
"Hope, given with a personal connection, can make a big difference."
-Mike Ferriter, Chapter Co-Founder
Our peer mentors are individuals who are living successful, fulfilling lives and have the strong desire, and skills, to work with others to achieve their own fulfilling life.
"My peer mentor, Mark, inspired me to not give up. He taught me how to problem solve and think ahead. I can do anything if I set my mind to it and simply figure out how to do it. I can be independent. Today, I am finishing college and preparing to apply to medical school. I also volunteer my time in the neurology/pain management center at a leading medical center and have fun playing sled hockey and skiing. All things I never imagined during those dark nights laying in my hospital bed."
-Steve, T4 paraplegia
- Ellen Philbin and Con Hurley
- Harold and Marcia Rhodes
- Ride-Away, Londonderry