Our B2B and B2N Grant Programs assist persons who have paraplegia or quadriplegia, paralyzed due to a Spinal Cord Injury or Disorder (SCI/D). These grants assist with obtaining necessary durable medical equipment, assistive technology, or modifications to existing equipment (such as a van). Applicants may need to provide documentation to prove financial need upon request. Grants are disbursed directly to suppliers of the desired equipment or modifications. Individuals submitting the grant application are required to submit estimates from potential suppliers. All sections of the application must be completed; incomplete applications will not be considered. If you are not able to complete the form due to your disability please contact email@example.com and we will put you in touch with someone that can help you.
1. Paralysis must be due to a Spinal Cord Injury/Disorder (Gillian Barre Syndrome, Cancer, Infections); paralysis due to other causes, such as MS or Spina Bifida, are not eligible.
2. Grants are not currently available towards the purchase of new or used vehicles; funds are only available for modifications of new or used vehicles.
3. This grant is not for recreational equipment. If you are looking for recreational or athletic adaptive equipment, you may wish to try the Kelly Brush Foundation or the Challenged Athletes Foundation
4. Grant applications are reviewed by the Board of Directors on a rolling basis.
5. Notifications will be sent via email.
• Documented SCI/D
• Demonstrated financial need
• Applicant must reside in Massachusetts
• There is no age requirement.
• Applicant must request specific durable medical equipment to apply for a grant; requests for "anything you can give" will not be considered
• B2B Durable Medical Equipment (DME) - Examples of eligible items include: upgrade and maintenance of wheelchairs, small home modifications including ramp and lift installation, computers, shower chairs/benches and other DME
• B2N Vehicle Modifications - Examples of eligible items include: hand controls, lifts, and wheelchair locking systems
*If the item applied for exceeds $2500, applicants must pay the balance or provide evidence they have secured the remaining amount before our grant is awarded.
1. The Greater Boston Chapter will review each grant request and make specific
recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval. Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling basis.
2. Applicant must complete all questions of the application in order to be considered for a
grant, including providing contact information and estimates from at least two (2) suppliers
and/or contractors for the equipment or renovations requested in the application;
incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. Grants can not exceed $2,500; there is no minimum award.
4. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the volume of grant applications, we respectfully
request no phone calls or emails inquiring about the status of applications. Inquiries after application is submitted may not be answered.
5. Grant awards and declinations will be notified by email.
6. Incomplete applications, including incomplete supporting documentation, will not be
7. Please note that all materials submitted are non-returnable.
8. In addition to the application, the following supporting documentation must be sent to the email link at the bottom:
• Two (2) photos of yourself (JPEGs). Please try to include high-resolution photos when
available (to be potentially used for media and promotional purposes)
• Two (2) reference letters – one needs to be a doctor’s note verifying your qualifying
disability, the second letter from a non-family member.
• Proof of income (2 of the 4 choices)- please black out Social Security number - Examples of acceptable
• Copy of your last two paychecks
• W2 wage and tax statement form
• SSI or SSDI statements
• Last tax return
Please attach required documents to the email below! Two pictures, two reference letters, and two quotes from suppliers/contractors.